Rejoice! “Glee” returns at 9:28 p.m. EDT Tuesday on Fox. Take our quiz and test your Glee-ky knowledge of musical movies and TV shows.
1. Which “Glee” cast member is not a veteran Broadway actor?
A. Matthew Morrison (Will)
B. Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina)
C. Lea Michele (Rachel)
D. Jane Lynch (Sue)
2. The Disney Channel’s “High School Musical” began as a sequel to ...
B. “The Sound of Music”
D. “West Side Story”
3. Stephen Tobolowsky’s “Glee” character Sandy Ryerson shares a last name with a character he played in the film ...
A. “Great Balls of Fire!”
B. “Groundhog Day”
C. “Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael”
D. “The Country Bears”
4. “I Dream of Jeannie” actress Barbara Eden starred in a film and later a TV series based on which of these songs:
A. “Red Headed Stranger,” by Willie Nelson
B. “9 to 5,” by Dolly Parton
C. “9 to 5 (The Morning Train),” by Sheena Easton
D. “Harper Valley P.T.A.,” by Jeannie C. Riley
5. Which of these TV series has Jane Lynch not appeared on?
B. “The X-Files”
D. “Two and a Half Men”
6. The life of musician Joan Jett is portrayed in the biopic “The Runaways,” but in 1987 she and then-TV star Michael J. Fox played musician-siblings in the movie “Light of Day.” Who wrote the title song?
A. Joan Jett
B. Bruce Springsteen
C. Huey Lewis
D. Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails
7. The Glee kids are supposed to be high school students, but all but one are in their 20s. Who ?
A. Amber Riley (Mercedes)
B. Chris Colfer (Kurt)
C. Lea Michele (Rachel)
D. Cory Monteith (Finn)
8. Which of these TV series has not had an all-musical episode?
A. “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”
B. “How I Met Your Mother”
D. “That ‘70s Show”
9. Which “Glee” actor attended the University of Oklahoma?
A. Iqbal Theba (Principal Figgins)
B. Dianna Agron (Quinn)
C. Mark Salling (Puck)
D. Jayma Mays (Emma)
10. Susan Dey played keyboardist/singer Laurie Partridge in “The Partridge Family” and went on to appear in which law-based TV drama?
A. “Family Law”
B. “L.A. Law”
D. “Hawaii Five-O”
1: D. Jane Lynch, though she has been acting in TV and film since 1988.
2: C. “Grease.” Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were to star as the children of Danny and Sandy, and the character Sharpay was the daughter of Rizzo.
3: B. In “Groundhog Day,” Tobolowsky played Ned Ryerson, the insurance salesman Bill Murray sees each morning.
4: D. “Harper Valley P.T.A,” a 1978 film that also marked the acting debut of Woody Harrelson.
5: A. Lynch has appeared in more than 70 TV series, but not “Seinfeld.”
6: B. The song “Light of Day” was written by Bruce Springsteen, but only after he wrote “Born in the U.S.A.,” which was the original title of the script. Bruce kept “Born” for his multi-platinum album of the same name and wrote “Light” as a replacement. Incidentally, Trent Reznor (Choice D) plays a keyboardist in the film.
7. B. Chris Colfer is the only teen in the cast — he turns 20 next month. Lea Michele is 23, Amber Riley is 24 and Cory Monteith is 27.
8: C. “Friends.” Though there was “The One Where Ross Played His Music ...”
9: A. Iqbal Theba was born in Pakistan but studied civil engineering at OU before becoming a theater major. He’s a big Sooner football fan.
10: OK, sorry. Trick question. Susan Dey appeared in episodes of all four series.
// Channel Surfing
"There were some sparks of life in the season finale, but did anything really happen?READ the article