1. “The Big Lebowski” (1998) The Dude (Jeff Bridges), bowls, smokes, drinks White Russians and avenges the mobsters who soiled his Oriental.
2. “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure” (1989) Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves as high schoolers (literally) who board a time machine to prepare a report for history.
3. “Dazed and Confused” (1993) Last day of school in May 1976, and students take a hit and hit on each other. With Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey.
4. “Dude, Where’s My Car?” (2000) After a hard-partying night, Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott heroically hunt for their misplaced vehicle.
5. “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” (1982) Sean Penn as Spicoli, stoner/surfer and class clown of the high school circus.
6. “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle” (2004) John Cho and Kal Penn as overachievers who kick back and get munchies that inspire a heroic New Jersey quest from Newark to Camden.
7. “Half Baked” (1998) Light up and lighten up is the motto of the comedy starring Dave Chappelle as the stoner who deals medical marijuana and encounters dopers, including only-creative-when-stoned smoker (Janeane Garofalo) and only-to-enhance-certain-experiences smoker (Jon Stewart).
8. “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” (2001) Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith as the dim duo who travel from Red Bank, N.J., to Hollywood to cash in on a comic based on their dissolute characters.
9. “Repo Man” (1984) Emilio Estevez learns that the more you drive, the stupider you get - which must be code for smoking weed.
10. “Up in Smoke” (1978) Cheech & Chong in the stoner “Odyssey that started it all.”