The Avett Brothers’ new album comes out today, and last night they performed the title track, “I and Love and You”, on The Late Show with David Letterman.
Latest Blog Posts
Dan Deacon is heading back out on tour next week with Nuclear Power Pants. Deacon, who is also a visual artist, is combining both of his passions into one big contest for fans (or those just trying to get some extra cash).
To celebrate the upcoming release of his album, Bromst, Deacon had the company Post Typography design an amazing new poster which includes 243 cartoon characters. In order to win this contest, your job is to ID all of the characters portrayed within the poster—be the first one to get them all correct and an amazing prize package awaits you! The contest ends at midnight, November 17.
1. $500 cash
2. A portrait of you painted by Dan Deacon
3. One of the last copies of Wham City Box set #1
4. A copy of each of Dan Deacon’s first 8 impossible-to-find releases
Send your submissions to: email@example.com
The complete tour dates are after the jump.
Omar Rodriguez Lopez
(Rodriguez Lopez Productions)
Releasing: 28 September (Europe) / 10 November (US)
The Mars Volta guitarist offers up another solo album in Xenophanes. This one is a concept album that with grand ambition depicts the life journey through birth, death and re-birth. Lopez sings the whole record in his native Spanish and it’s the first album to spotlight lead vocals from the man Rolling Stone labeled as one of the “Greatest Guitarists of All Time”.
02 Mundo De Ciegos
03 Ojo Al Cristo De Plata
04 Amanita Virosa
05 Sangrando Detrás De Los Ojos
07 Asco Que Conmueve Los Puntos Erógenos
09 Perder El Arte De La Razón Sin Mover Un Sólo Dedo
10 Flores De Cizaña
11 Maria Celeste
Omar Rodriguez Lopez
“Mundo De Ciegos” [MP3]
Efterklang & the Danish National Chamber Orchestra
Releasing: 20 October
Performing Parades will be released with the 55-minute live concert film, a behind the scenes documentary, video clips for six songs from Parades as well as the video for “Mirador”. Check out videos for “Caravan” and “Cutting Ice to Snow” below; they’re bizarre and delightful, and the image of the band playing and marching among the orchestra, outnumbered and battling with bigger sounds, is quite the spectacle.
03 Him Poe Poe
04 Horseback Tenors
06 Frida Found a Friend
07 Maison de Reflexion
08 Blowing Lungs Like Bubbles
11 Cutting Ice to Snow
If you’re anywhere remotely close to Chicago, you should be happy to know that Tortoise is doing a free (free!) in-store performance at Reckless Records, at 5 P.M., Sunday, October 4th. I suppose there’s a 3% chance they just saw Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist and are going to do a bait-and-switch with some obnoxious man named Randy, but I’m 97% sure that it is a blessing from the music gods and we shouldn’t question it. In the meantime, enjoy the video for “Prepare Your Coffin”, and maybe even download the MP3. You deserve it.
Prepare Your Coffin [MP3]