The 100 Essential Directors Part 1
Chantal Akerman - Bernardo Bertolucci
by PopMatters Staff
1 August 2011
Through its sheer sense of presence, Hounds of Love doesn't ask for, but rather demands, an apprecia...
Despite plodding direction, the resonant themes and rich performances of Denzel Washington and Viola...
Oscar winners Dan Lindsay and TJ Martin's gamble on making the audience’s eyes do most of the work...
Contemporary filmmakers break the 180-degree rule all the time, but seldom with the kind of flair th...
One can argue about director Terry George's decision to focus on love in this milieu, but there’s ...
Ben Wheatley's latest is Reservoir Dogs meets Smokin’ Aces minus any and all narrative ambition....
Some films disavow their own filmic presence, they attempt to be subtle by staying out of the way; t...
// Short Ends and Leader
"With all the roughneck charm of a '40s-era pulp novel and much style to spare, I, The Jury is a good, popcorn-filling yarn.READ the article
- Boston Underground Film Festival 2017: 'Hounds of Love'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 31 Mar 2017 // 9:30 AM
- Boston Underground Film Festival 2017: 'Fraud'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 30 Mar 2017 // 10:30 AM
- 'The Chamber' Keeps the Drama and Suspense Going
by Paul Risker 27 Mar 2017 // 9:30 AM
- 'Two O'Clock Courage' Is Only a Quarter to Noir
by Michael Barrett 21 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- We Destroyed New York Long Ago With 'Deluge'
by Michael Barrett 20 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- 'Something for Everyone' Is an Early, Albeit Sinister, Example of Queer Cinema
by Michael Barrett 17 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- Ken Russell's 'The Boy Friend' Razzle-Dazzles 'em
by Michael Barrett 16 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- Stuck in the Middle: Relationship Tangles in 'Somewhere in the Middle'
by Imran Khan 15 Mar 2017 // 8:30 AM
- Black Comedy Comes in Many Colors in 'What a Way to Go!'
by Michael Barrett 8 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM