The 100 Essential Directors Part 1
Chantal Akerman - Bernardo Bertolucci
by PopMatters Staff
1 August 2011
As much as it considers the past, 20th Century Women's profound confidence in women's strength and i...
Christopher Smith's new noir outing is a scuzzy and flawed 90 minutes, elevated by a compelling, thr...
Seth’s Dominion offers a full picture of an exciting artist brimming with imagination, and with a ...
Trace Adkins and company bring Western cosplay to the forefront in this 90-minute elegy to a once mi...
For this surprisingly hard-edged biopic on the businessman behind McDonald's, Michael Keaton unfurls...
The Internecine Project and Who?: Two twisty, methodical, unusual thrillers whose heroes are masters...
The Bye Bye Man's illogic is typical of horror movies....
// Short Ends and Leader
"A wry tale which takes in Greek mythology, punk rock and influences of American suspense-drama, this is an effective and curious thriller about myth and obsession.READ the article
- One for All and All for Doug: 'The Three Musketeers' Is a Fairbanks Star Vehicle
by Michael Barrett 6 Jan 2017 // 1:45 AM
- Two Cursed Creatures: 'The Undying Monster' and 'The Lodger'
by Michael Barrett 21 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- 'Doc Savage' and 'Time After Time', As Seen Through Older Eyes, Now
by Michael Barrett 15 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- We're 'Children of Divorce', We're Doomed to Glamour!
by Michael Barrett 14 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- From James Thurber's America to Peter Sellers' Scotland: 'The Battle of the Sexes'
by Michael Barrett 6 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- Harelips and Dead Birds: Looking for Meaning in 'Cosmos'
by Michael Barrett 28 Nov 2016 // 8:30 AM
- Keep Off: 'Private Property' Takes a Dip in Adult Waters
by Michael Barrett 18 Nov 2016 // 1:45 AM
- Brooklyn Horror Film Festival 2016: 'Let Her Out'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 15 Nov 2016 // 7:30 AM
- Brooklyn Horror Film Festival 2016: 'The Master Cleanse'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 14 Nov 2016 // 2:00 PM