The 100 Essential Directors Part 1
Chantal Akerman - Bernardo Bertolucci
by PopMatters Staff
1 August 2011
Richard Linklater's spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused hits the '80s with a little education and...
The US, so brilliantly networked, so technologically advanced, is "the most vulnerable nation on ear...
Robert Altman's multi-layered sarcastic skewering of Hollywood culture still has to be seen to be be...
A collection of stupid people doing stupid things that even the stupidest person wouldn’t do....
The Phenom is at once remarkable for both its transfixing cinematography and Johnny Simmons's tightl...
Obsessing over gross small town stereotypes, facile symbolism, and mawkish philosophical exposition,...
This film doesn't work too hard at making a wholly moral result inevitable, for it must deliver nast...
// Short Ends and Leader
"In Sideways, the two Steves find hints of satire, legs of oaky '70s cinema, a bouquet of gender commentary, and a chewy finish.READ the article
- A Gaggle of Ghosts, a Brace of Bamboo, 'A Touch of Zen'
by Michael Barrett 12 Jul 2016 // 2:15 AM
- Double Take: Dr. Strangelove (1964)
by SysAdmin 11 Jul 2016 // 2:15 AM
- New Additions to Netflix Worth Watching in July
by Desirae Embree 8 Jul 2016 // 11:18 AM
- 'The Daughter of Dawn' Is a Rare Native American Romance
by Michael Barrett 8 Jul 2016 // 2:15 AM
- 10 Great Films Available to Stream This July
by Danilo Castro 7 Jul 2016 // 9:38 AM
- That's Keaton, Buster: The Complete Silent Shorts
by Michael Barrett 7 Jul 2016 // 3:00 AM
- '99 River Street' Feints and Punches
by Michael Barrett 28 Jun 2016 // 2:15 AM
- The Glow Lives on in Taimak's 'The Last Dragon'
by Imran Khan 27 Jun 2016 // 12:30 PM
- 'Fantastic Planet' Is a Fantastic Film of Surreal Hallucination
by Michael Barrett 22 Jun 2016 // 2:14 AM