The 100 Essential Directors Part 1
Chantal Akerman - Bernardo Bertolucci
by PopMatters Staff
1 August 2011
We all know how critical it is to keep independent voices alive and strong on the Internet. Your donation will help PopMatters stay viable through these changing and challenging times.
Famed Japanese contemporary artist Takashi Murakami earnestly attempts to translate his innovative S...
As the struggle for reproductive rights continues, we might look back on history in order to underst...
In Mojave, an effective thriller struggles under the weight of its intellectual pretensions....
In slow, hypnotic ellipses, director Alain Resnais draws out the moribund inner world of a suicidal ...
Ray's (Casey Affleck) eyes tell their own story, more hauntingly and more urgently, than any of the ...
Kung Fu Panda 3 contains a lot of those necessary beats to keep fans happy. It also does so in a way...
Two exceptional films at this year’s Sundance Festival resist the typical character arc, and inste...
// Short Ends and Leader
"Jonas Mekas captures the musical and visual poetry of the city and mundane life.READ the article
- Reveling in '70s Nostalgia: New Blu-rays for Your Home Film Festival
by Michael Barrett 22 Jan 2016 // 9:30 AM
- 'Fantômas': The Affair of the Freshly Scanned Scoundrel
by Michael Barrett 22 Jan 2016 // 2:10 AM
- Double Take: 'Children of Men' (2006)
by SysAdmin 6 Jan 2016 // 8:00 AM
- Nightmare Visions in 'The Quay Brothers: Collected Short Films'
by Michael Barrett 5 Jan 2016 // 2:10 AM
- Do Look Back: A Baker's Dozen for Your Swinging '60s Film Fest
by Michael Barrett 4 Jan 2016 // 2:10 AM
- French Filmmaker Julien Duvivier Is Ripe for Rediscovery
by Michael Barrett 30 Dec 2015 // 8:00 AM
- The Year's Best Science Fiction Movie Wasn't 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
by Chris Barsanti 28 Dec 2015 // 9:50 AM
- 'Wind Across the Everglades' Blows Hot and Cold
by Michael Barrett 24 Dec 2015 // 8:00 AM
- Gumshoe Expressionism in 'Murder, My Sweet'
by Michael Barrett 23 Dec 2015 // 8:00 AM