The 100 Essential Directors Part 1
Chantal Akerman - Bernardo Bertolucci
by PopMatters Staff
1 August 2011
The film makes clear its own debt to monster movie history, but it remains caught in a universe wher...
In pursuing the story of abuse in the Catholic Church, Spotlight is much like other films that celeb...
Forty years after the release of A Night at the Opera we're treated to a powerful set from Queen, th...
Make no mistake about it, Creed is not some elegy to a fallen superstar....
Todd Haynes' resonant period romance echoes Far From Heaven, but Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara elud...
He’s a tank that keeps on plowing through the fields in the face of opposing forces, and it’s so...
The extended edition of the third Hobbit film is just as bloated as the second one, but the bonus fe...
// Short Ends and Leader
"Is love too weak a word to describe how we feel about Annie Hall? Or is it more like a dead shark? Double Take breaks a few eggs to find out.READ the article
- A Profile of the Great Profile: 'The Mad Genius' and 'The Great Man Votes'
by Michael Barrett 19 Nov 2015 // 8:30 AM
- 'The Safecracker' Breaks the War Wide Open
by Michael Barrett 18 Nov 2015 // 2:05 AM
- 'Lost Girl' and 'Phantom' Got Those Silent Upgrade Blu's
by Michael Barrett 10 Nov 2015 // 8:00 AM
- 'Pitfall' and 'Flaxy Martin' Have Diametrically Opposed Femmes Fatales
by Michael Barrett 9 Nov 2015 // 11:00 AM
- Double Take: Sons of the Desert (1933)
by SysAdmin 9 Nov 2015 // 9:00 AM
- Murder and Marriage in the Hollywood '30s
by Michael Barrett 5 Nov 2015 // 9:00 AM
- Jimi Hendrix's Spiritual High
by Jedd Beaudoin 4 Nov 2015 // 7:19 AM
- Where the Hell Is Joe Strummer's Car?
by Jedd Beaudoin 29 Oct 2015 // 12:00 PM
- 12 Criterion Capsules: Good Cinematic Medicine
by Michael Barrett 28 Oct 2015 // 2:37 PM