The 100 Essential Directors Part 4
Samuel Fuller - John Huston
by PopMatters Staff
11 August 2011
Classic Albums: Pet Sounds expands the mythos of one musician to an entire group, and in doing so, a...
Queen of Katwe offers a way to see into another world, a way to expand your own understanding. ...
As gut-wrenching and savage as advertised, Goat is an imbalanced but powerful examination of the ugl...
Kate Winslet paints the town red in this scrambled but wildly entertaining outback folktale....
Antoine Fugua’s re-imagining of the Western classic is a glorious orgy of machismo and mayhem....
In spite of its somewhat obnoxious characters and episodic narrative structure, Women in Love works ...
A portrait of a woman who succeeded in the film industry despite playing by her own rules. ...
// Short Ends and Leader
"From painters to interrogators, some of the finest films at Gdynia Film Festival 2016 dramatized real-life figures from the country’s past.READ the article
- Criterion Draws Fresh Restorations From Welles With 'Chimes at Midnight' and 'The Immortal Story'
by Michael Barrett 23 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- Spread the News Silently: 'Dr. Mabuse' and 'The Captive'
by Michael Barrett 20 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- TIFF 2016: 'LBJ', 'Message from the King' and 'Blue Jay'
by Stephen Mayne 16 Sep 2016 // 10:30 AM
- Bad Bedside Manners in 'The Horrible Dr. Hichcock'
by Michael Barrett 16 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- TIFF 2016: 'Deepwater Horizon', 'Moonlight', 'Carrie Pilby' and 'The Magnificent Seven'
by Stephen Mayne 15 Sep 2016 // 2:00 PM
- TIFF 2016: 'The Ornithologist' and 'Goldstone'
by Stephen Mayne 14 Sep 2016 // 11:00 AM
- Make Something Called 'Cat People', and Make It Cheap
by Michael Barrett 14 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- TIFF 2016: 'Denial', 'La La Land' and 'Jackie'
by Stephen Mayne 13 Sep 2016 // 10:00 AM
- Guys & Dolls & Stiffs in 'Stop, You're Killing Me'
by Michael Barrett 13 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM