The 100 Essential Directors Part 4
Samuel Fuller - John Huston
by PopMatters Staff
11 August 2011
Here are two storytellers that seemingly trust and embrace the cinéliterate audience to extrapolate...
Franz Ozon again proves to be a most singular voice in world cinema with this deceptively haunting r...
Stylistically, Life owes more of its inspiration to David Cronenberg than Ridley Scott....
Life disregards its genre predecessor, Alien to the detriment of the film....
While exposing the fragments and fault lines of memories, I Called Him Morgan tells the stories of H...
Despite an appealing cast, Robert Zemeckis' WWII romance relies too heavily on its influences and to...
Terrence Malick retreads familiar motifs and themes in yet another nebulous navel-gazer....
// Short Ends and Leader
"The Chamber is the filmic equivalent of a fairground ride, the stimulation of emotion over ideas.READ the article
- 'Two O'Clock Courage' Is Only a Quarter to Noir
by Michael Barrett 21 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- We Destroyed New York Long Ago With 'Deluge'
by Michael Barrett 20 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- 'Something for Everyone' Is an Early, Albeit Sinister, Example of Queer Cinema
by Michael Barrett 17 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- Ken Russell's 'The Boy Friend' Razzle-Dazzles 'em
by Michael Barrett 16 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- Stuck in the Middle: Relationship Tangles in 'Somewhere in the Middle'
by Imran Khan 15 Mar 2017 // 8:30 AM
- Black Comedy Comes in Many Colors in 'What a Way to Go!'
by Michael Barrett 8 Mar 2017 // 2:45 AM
- On Truth and Dark Turns in 'Tickled'
by Cynthia Fuchs 21 Feb 2017 // 9:00 AM
- Crooks, Cops, Rocks and Airplanes: 'The Sicilian Clan'
by Michael Barrett 15 Feb 2017 // 2:45 AM
- Paranoia's on the Wing in 'No Highway in the Sky'
by Michael Barrett 6 Feb 2017 // 2:45 AM