The 100 Essential Directors Part 4
Samuel Fuller - John Huston
by PopMatters Staff
11 August 2011
Closet Monster is a promising yet unevenly told film which fluctuates between stock coming of age fa...
Peter Berg’s disaster movie is so entranced by individual bravery it mostly forgets about corporat...
Bursting with vertiginous momentum, Chimes at Midnight presents a wonderfully sociable anti-socialit...
Classic Albums: Pet Sounds expands the mythos of one musician to an entire group, and in doing so, a...
Queen of Katwe offers a way to see into another world, a way to expand your own understanding. ...
As gut-wrenching and savage as advertised, Goat is an imbalanced but powerful examination of the ugl...
Kate Winslet paints the town red in this scrambled but wildly entertaining outback folktale....
// Short Ends and Leader
"One tends to watch this film open-mouthed in wonder at the forceful dialogue, the colorful imagery, and the sheer emotional punch of its women.READ the article
- Unexpected Deaths and Hideous Trousers in 'Kamikaze 89'
by Michael Barrett 29 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- After Images: Poland's 41st Gdynia Film Festival
by Alex Ramon 26 Sep 2016 // 2:15 AM
- Criterion Draws Fresh Restorations From Welles With 'Chimes at Midnight' and 'The Immortal Story'
by Michael Barrett 23 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- Spread the News Silently: 'Dr. Mabuse' and 'The Captive'
by Michael Barrett 20 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- TIFF 2016: 'LBJ', 'Message from the King' and 'Blue Jay'
by Stephen Mayne 16 Sep 2016 // 10:30 AM
- Bad Bedside Manners in 'The Horrible Dr. Hichcock'
by Michael Barrett 16 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- TIFF 2016: 'Deepwater Horizon', 'Moonlight', 'Carrie Pilby' and 'The Magnificent Seven'
by Stephen Mayne 15 Sep 2016 // 2:00 PM
- TIFF 2016: 'The Ornithologist' and 'Goldstone'
by Stephen Mayne 14 Sep 2016 // 11:00 AM
- Make Something Called 'Cat People', and Make It Cheap
by Michael Barrett 14 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM