The 100 Essential Directors Part 5
Derek Jarman to Mike Leigh
by PopMatters Staff
14 August 2011
This award-winning documentary raises the bar for how Simone is represented in popular culture and h...
A bittersweet documentary looks back at the Stephen Sondheim masterpiece that almost was, and Sonia ...
The Innocents is very much a story about what is going on beneath the surface, of reaction more than...
Kelly Reichardt has made some of the most powerful American movies in recent memory, and Certain Wom...
Gavin O'Connor’s action-thriller is a glorious hodgepodge of graphic violence, dark humor, and gap...
A Scandal in Paris and Lured mix Hollywood with European sensibility....
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls shows Meyer editing his films in the manner of a coked-up, horny 17-y...
// Moving Pixels
"Virtual reality and gangster movies combine for a unique cinematic experience.READ the article
- Was 'On the Town' the First Film Musical Shot On Location?
by SysAdmin 6 Oct 2016 // 9:30 AM
- I'm Going to Kill You: 'Johnny Guitar' Gets the Class Treatment
by Michael Barrett 30 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- Unexpected Deaths and Hideous Trousers in 'Kamikaze 89'
by Michael Barrett 29 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- After Images: Poland's 41st Gdynia Film Festival
by Alex Ramon 26 Sep 2016 // 2:15 AM
- Criterion Draws Fresh Restorations From Welles With 'Chimes at Midnight' and 'The Immortal Story'
by Michael Barrett 23 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- Spread the News Silently: 'Dr. Mabuse' and 'The Captive'
by Michael Barrett 20 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- TIFF 2016: 'LBJ', 'Message from the King' and 'Blue Jay'
by Stephen Mayne 16 Sep 2016 // 10:30 AM
- Bad Bedside Manners in 'The Horrible Dr. Hichcock'
by Michael Barrett 16 Sep 2016 // 2:45 AM
- TIFF 2016: 'Deepwater Horizon', 'Moonlight', 'Carrie Pilby' and 'The Magnificent Seven'
by Stephen Mayne 15 Sep 2016 // 2:00 PM