The 100 Essential Directors Part 5
Derek Jarman to Mike Leigh
by PopMatters Staff
14 August 2011
Two movies at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival, Fear, Inc. and Always Shine, want to explore audience ...
The powerful timing of Richard Linklater’s take on '80s competitiveness in Everybody Wants Some!!...
Even as this film gets bogged down in jokes and speculations, it makes the point that performance is...
Outside of simple spectacle, this film fails on every level. ...
Faith in the transformative power of music courses through Sing Street like an electric current....
Anders Thomas Jensen's latest film delivers a genre-bending story, a dark sense of humour, and a del...
Peter Watkins' controversial BBC documentaries from the '60s still astound, startle, and disturb....
// Moving Pixels
"Henry isn't the only surrogate for gamer identity in Hardcore Henry.READ the article
- 'The Whip Hand' Runs Free With the Other Tied Behind Its Back
by Michael Barrett 26 Apr 2016 // 2:10 AM
- 'The Winter' Leaves Its Viewers Feeling Cold
by Boen Wang 25 Apr 2016 // 2:10 AM
- The Show of Shows: Tribeca Film Festival Review
by Sachyn Mital 18 Apr 2016 // 9:50 AM
- Sam Fuller Gives Us the Bird in 'Dead Pigeon on Beethoven Street'
by Michael Barrett 13 Apr 2016 // 2:30 AM
- Call for Essays on Topics in Culture; Present, Past and the Speculative Future
by SysAdmin 11 Apr 2016 // 11:29 AM
- Marvel's Secret Weapon Can Bridge the Gap Between Its Movies and Netflix Series
by Victor Stiff 31 Mar 2016 // 9:30 AM
- Boston Underground Film Festival 2016: 'Wendigo'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 29 Mar 2016 // 9:30 AM
- Boston Underground Film Festival 2016: 'Kill Your Friends'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 28 Mar 2016 // 11:00 AM
- Surveying the World As It Twists and Turns: Ten Classics From the Criterion Collection
by Michael Barrett 28 Mar 2016 // 2:10 AM