The 100 Essential Directors Part 5
Derek Jarman to Mike Leigh
by PopMatters Staff
14 August 2011
The Bye Bye Man's illogic is typical of horror movies....
By switching the main character’s gender and adding romantic sparks, Hawks turned the masterful, r...
100 Streets offers four groups of people who have nothing to do with each other than, well, the fact...
The madman’s meditations on the rewards afforded solitude are intriguing and there are intimations...
This small entertaining genre movie about the strengths and dangers of brotherhood transcends its sh...
Not all musicals present a slap-happy world....
This cerebral drama stands up with some of the best and most original science fiction. ...
// Short Ends and Leader
"A wry tale which takes in Greek mythology, punk rock and influences of American suspense-drama, this is an effective and curious thriller about myth and obsession.READ the article
- One for All and All for Doug: 'The Three Musketeers' Is a Fairbanks Star Vehicle
by Michael Barrett 6 Jan 2017 // 1:45 AM
- Two Cursed Creatures: 'The Undying Monster' and 'The Lodger'
by Michael Barrett 21 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- 'Doc Savage' and 'Time After Time', As Seen Through Older Eyes, Now
by Michael Barrett 15 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- We're 'Children of Divorce', We're Doomed to Glamour!
by Michael Barrett 14 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- From James Thurber's America to Peter Sellers' Scotland: 'The Battle of the Sexes'
by Michael Barrett 6 Dec 2016 // 1:45 AM
- Harelips and Dead Birds: Looking for Meaning in 'Cosmos'
by Michael Barrett 28 Nov 2016 // 8:30 AM
- Keep Off: 'Private Property' Takes a Dip in Adult Waters
by Michael Barrett 18 Nov 2016 // 1:45 AM
- Brooklyn Horror Film Festival 2016: 'Let Her Out'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 15 Nov 2016 // 7:30 AM
- Brooklyn Horror Film Festival 2016: 'The Master Cleanse'
by Valeriy Kolyadych 14 Nov 2016 // 2:00 PM