There are several things that you will not be able to believe about the following video by Phil Spector’s wife Rachelle:
- That it was produced in 2010 and not 1987.
- That it cost more than $11 to make.
- That the song was written by an adult and did not spring fully formed from a junior high schooler’s Pee-Chee folder.
- That it comes from an album called Out of My Chelle that is not attempting to be humorous.
- That the ostensible object of the song’s frothy sentiments is a convicted murderer and possibly one of the creepiest men living.
- That the “singer” truly believes anyone wants to pay money to be ice-picked in the ear by someone who need only bleat about the “innocence” of said murderer in order to continue living like a queen without ever having to break a nail or a sweat for the rest of her life.
You will, however, be able to believe that this was produced from prison.
We all know how critical it is to keep independent voices alive and strong online. Please consider a donation to support our work as an independent publisher devoted to the arts and humanities. Your donation will help PopMatters stay viable through these changing and challenging times where advertising no longer covers our costs. We need your help to keep PopMatters publishing. Thank you.