There are several things that you will not be able to believe about the following video by Phil Spector’s wife Rachelle:
- That it was produced in 2010 and not 1987.
- That it cost more than $11 to make.
- That the song was written by an adult and did not spring fully formed from a junior high schooler’s Pee-Chee folder.
- That it comes from an album called Out of My Chelle that is not attempting to be humorous.
- That the ostensible object of the song’s frothy sentiments is a convicted murderer and possibly one of the creepiest men living.
- That the “singer” truly believes anyone wants to pay money to be ice-picked in the ear by someone who need only bleat about the “innocence” of said murderer in order to continue living like a queen without ever having to break a nail or a sweat for the rest of her life.
You will, however, be able to believe that this was produced from prison.
// Notes from the Road
"José González's sets during Newport Folk Festival weren't on his birthday (that is today) but each looked to be a special intimate performance.READ the article