POPMATTERS SPONSOR: The new Michael Cera vehicle Scott Pilgrim opens 13 August, but is making a big push a bit early at this week’s Comic-Con. There’s a whole bunch of events planned (all the info after the jump), including live music from Gorgeous Got a Gun, who won the recent contest through Sonicbids, “Indie Rock vs. the World: Battle of the Bands”. There are also ample opportunities to meet the cast and crew of the film at Comic-Con and all the info on that will be available via this Twitter.
- Meet the cast and creators: The cast of Universal’s action-comedy will be out and about throughout the convention. Check out Twitter for a detailed schedule so you can meet the actors playing your favorite evil ex, jerky jerk or high-school crush, as well as the creator of Scott Pilgrim, Bryan Lee O’Malley, and director Edgar Wright!
- Hear epic live music: Two of the film’s stellar music contributors, Dan the Automator and Kid Koala, will spin, and Gorgeous Got a Gun, the winner of Sonicbids’ “Indie Rock vs. the World: Battle of the Bands” will rock your face off.
- Create your own T-shirt: Choose from awesome Comic-Con exclusive designs to make a limited edition T-shirt that will make your friends jealous.
- Moving Flipbooks: Grab your friends, stage a fight, and take home a flipbook that stars all of you!
- Upload a video postcard: Instantly upload and email a personal video message to your friends about how awesome you are for being at Comic-Con.
- Play the new Ubisoft Game: Be one of the very first to test out Ubisoft’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game on one of several demo stations.
- Check out the complete soundtrack: Hear the amazing soundtrack more than two weeks before the August 10 street date.
- Get gift bags: While supplies last, your Comic-Con badge will score you a not-so-evil Scott Pilgrim gift bag.
- Download the iPhone and iPad App “Pilgrim’s Punch-Out”: Get the action-packed game, our scheduled Comic-Con events, integrated Twitter feed and live updates at iTunes.
Hilton Gaslamp Courtyard
San Diego, CA
Follow us on twitter @SPvsCC
Thursday, July 22 (12 PM to 4:00 PM)
Friday, July 23 (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
Saturday, July 24 (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
We all know how critical it is to keep independent voices alive and strong online. Please consider a donation to support our work as an independent publisher devoted to the arts and humanities. Your donation will help PopMatters stay viable through these changing and challenging times where advertising no longer covers our costs. We need your help to keep PopMatters publishing. Thank you.