Sony Electronics has offered three (3) lucky PopMatters readers a chance to win a set of their new Balanced Armature headsets, designed for use with Apple iPods and iPads. These headphones are sure to best the competition and Sony Electronics will tell you why:
Step up to Sony® Balanced Armature. A revolution in audio with the world’s only drivers optimized for music enjoyment. Rediscover every note and all the emotion of your favorite music with in-line iPod®/iPhone® control. A full range driver, plus one woofer driver and tweeter, deliver a sublime audio experience. You won’t believe your ears.
Check out the XBA-3iP Specifications:
* Sound Story - Compared to conventional Dynamic drivers, Balanced Armature drivers reproduce a smooth, broad, and even frequency response with notable vocal clarity. Sony® Balanced Armature drivers are tuned for higher or lower frequency response and combined to emphasize certain sound characteristics.
* Balanced Armature Driver - Newly developed micro-size driver units (full-range + woofer + tweeter) deliver smooth and clear vocals with rich, powerful bass and detailed high frequencies. Get reacquainted with your favorite music.
* Made for iPod®/iPhone®/iPad® - Full integration for iPod®, iPhone® and iPad®. The in-line remote gives you volume and track controls (Play, Stop, Next/Prior) for iPod®, iPhone® or iPad®, and the built-in microphone makes it easy to take calls through it all.
* VoiceOver support - The simple press of a button activates VoiceOver mode, where the iPod® states the name of the currently playing song or playlist (on enabled devices).
* Double Layer Housing - It’s in the details… A special, liquid crystal polymer, inner housing provides the necessary rigidity for smooth frequency response, while an ABS outer housing suppresses vibrations for clear mid-high frequency sound reproduction. The result is rich audio performance.
* Wearing Comfort - The ultra-compact design of Balanced Armature (BA) in-ear headphones allows for a natural in-ear fit and improved long-term comfort.
* Noise Blocking Design - Sony® Balanced Armature (BA) in-ear headphones afford a comfortable fit that also results in significantly lower sound leakage levels, both in or out, allowing you uninterrupted access to your music.
* Secure Fit - Hybrid silicone earbuds, In 4 sizes, to ensure a tailored fit that further maximizes overall sound quality and comfort.
* Noise Attenuation - Noise isolation earbuds (Included: Small, Medium, and Large) not only provide an outstanding fit, but also utilize pressure relieving urethane foam to further reduce ambient noise.
Sony’s XBA-3iP Balanced Armature Headset
// Notes from the Road
"Philip Glass, the artistic director of the Tibet House benefits, celebrated his 80th birthday at this year's annual benefit with performances from Patti Smith, Iggy Pop, Brittany Howard, Sufjan Stevens and more.READ the article