Sony Electronics has offered three (3) lucky PopMatters readers a chance to win a set of their new Balanced Armature headsets, designed for use with Apple iPods and iPads. These headphones are sure to best the competition and Sony Electronics will tell you why:
Step up to Sony® Balanced Armature. A revolution in audio with the world’s only drivers optimized for music enjoyment. Rediscover every note and all the emotion of your favorite music with in-line iPod®/iPhone® control. A full range driver, plus one woofer driver and tweeter, deliver a sublime audio experience. You won’t believe your ears.
Check out the XBA-3iP Specifications:
* Sound Story - Compared to conventional Dynamic drivers, Balanced Armature drivers reproduce a smooth, broad, and even frequency response with notable vocal clarity. Sony® Balanced Armature drivers are tuned for higher or lower frequency response and combined to emphasize certain sound characteristics.
* Balanced Armature Driver - Newly developed micro-size driver units (full-range + woofer + tweeter) deliver smooth and clear vocals with rich, powerful bass and detailed high frequencies. Get reacquainted with your favorite music.
* Made for iPod®/iPhone®/iPad® - Full integration for iPod®, iPhone® and iPad®. The in-line remote gives you volume and track controls (Play, Stop, Next/Prior) for iPod®, iPhone® or iPad®, and the built-in microphone makes it easy to take calls through it all.
* VoiceOver support - The simple press of a button activates VoiceOver mode, where the iPod® states the name of the currently playing song or playlist (on enabled devices).
* Double Layer Housing - It’s in the details… A special, liquid crystal polymer, inner housing provides the necessary rigidity for smooth frequency response, while an ABS outer housing suppresses vibrations for clear mid-high frequency sound reproduction. The result is rich audio performance.
* Wearing Comfort - The ultra-compact design of Balanced Armature (BA) in-ear headphones allows for a natural in-ear fit and improved long-term comfort.
* Noise Blocking Design - Sony® Balanced Armature (BA) in-ear headphones afford a comfortable fit that also results in significantly lower sound leakage levels, both in or out, allowing you uninterrupted access to your music.
* Secure Fit - Hybrid silicone earbuds, In 4 sizes, to ensure a tailored fit that further maximizes overall sound quality and comfort.
* Noise Attenuation - Noise isolation earbuds (Included: Small, Medium, and Large) not only provide an outstanding fit, but also utilize pressure relieving urethane foam to further reduce ambient noise.
Sony’s XBA-3iP Balanced Armature Headset
// Moving Pixels
"Spirits of Xanadu wrings emotion and style out of its low fidelity graphics.READ the article