English Folk Phenom Jake Bugg Covers the Beatles (video)
by PopMatters Staff
5 January 2014
Jake Bugg recently played a gig at the legendary Cavern Club in Liverpool and covered a very early Beatles song "Like Dreamers Do". It's a tune the Fab Four would have played in that venue themselves.
We all know how critical it is to keep independent voices alive and strong on the Internet. Please consider a donation to support our work. We are a wholly independent, women-owned, small company. Your donation will help PopMatters stay viable through these changing, challenging times where costs have risen and advertising has dropped precipitously. PopMatters needs your help to keep publishing. Thank you.
// Notes from the Road
"The Shape of Water comes off as uninformed political correctness, which is more detrimental to its cause than it is progressive.READ the article
- 20 Questions: Amadou & Miriam
by Evan Sawdey 19 Sep 2017 // 10:00 AM
- TIFF 2017: 'The Royal Hibiscus Hotel'
by Chelsea Phillips-Carr 18 Sep 2017 // 1:30 PM
- Summerstage Night Belongs to Fred "Sonic" Smith (Patti Smith's Tribute)
by Sachyn Mital 15 Sep 2017 // 9:16 AM
- Zeshan B Honors Family and Soul Music in Insightful 20 Questions
by Sachyn Mital 11 Sep 2017 // 10:24 AM
- The Moving Pixels Podcast Discusses 'Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 4'
by Nick Dinicola 11 Sep 2017 // 10:00 AM
- TIFF 2017: 'Never Steady, Never Still'
by Chelsea Phillips-Carr 10 Sep 2017 // 12:30 PM
- TIFF 2017: 'Ta peau si lisse' (A Skin So Soft)
by Chelsea Phillips-Carr 10 Sep 2017 // 12:00 PM
- Armin van Buuren Reflects on 20 Years in the EDM Business (Interview)
by Sachyn Mital 8 Sep 2017 // 10:00 AM
- E pluribus, PLUR. Electric Zoo 2017 Embodies Festival Diversity (Photos)
by Sachyn Mital 7 Sep 2017 // 11:15 AM