Paul McCartney - "Early Days" (video)
Though Paul McCartney‘s legacy is primarily defined by perfecting the pop formula with his cohorts in the Beatles, in recent years, with LPs like Memory Almost Full and last year’s New, he has continued to try to push himself into other musical directions. (He also tried his hand at ballet, but some things are best left forgotten).
“Early Days”, a rootsy cut from “New”, is a bit of an odd one for Sir Paul, who by the nature of his musical history never comes off as a folk troubadour. The song’s just-released video, which features a random cameo from occasional guitarist Johnny Depp, heightens the strange image of McCartney as a folk singer. The black and white footage, however, is beautifully rendered by Los Angeles-based director Vincent Haycock.
// Moving Pixels
"There is no tranquility in the music, only menace.READ the article
- 'Virginia': Masks, Identity, and the Horror of Our Own Reflection
by G. Christopher Williams 19 Oct 2016 // 9:25 AM
- HEALTH Slays in Bushwick During Neverending DEATH MAGIC Tour
by SysAdmin 18 Oct 2016 // 4:18 PM
- Supernatural: Season 12, Episode 1 - "Keep Calm and Carry On"
by Jessy Krupa 18 Oct 2016 // 12:11 PM
- An Interview With 'Career Opportunities in Organized Crime' Director Alexander Oshmyansky
by Victor Stiff 18 Oct 2016 // 9:05 AM
- The Good and Bad of ACL 2016 Weekend Two
by Brice Ezell 17 Oct 2016 // 10:46 AM
- Best of the Moving Pixels Podcast: Our Favorite Horror Games
by G. Christopher Williams 17 Oct 2016 // 9:34 AM
- Indie Horror Month 2016: 'The Last Door: Season 2' Explores the Horror of the Forgotten
by Nick Dinicola 14 Oct 2016 // 9:41 AM
- 'Posthuman' Examines the Tension Between Competition and Co-operation
by G. Christopher Williams 12 Oct 2016 // 9:00 AM
- Misled by 'The Chef's Library'
by Diane Leach 12 Oct 2016 // 3:05 AM