Paul McCartney - "Early Days" (video)
Though Paul McCartney‘s legacy is primarily defined by perfecting the pop formula with his cohorts in the Beatles, in recent years, with LPs like Memory Almost Full and last year’s New, he has continued to try to push himself into other musical directions. (He also tried his hand at ballet, but some things are best left forgotten).
“Early Days”, a rootsy cut from “New”, is a bit of an odd one for Sir Paul, who by the nature of his musical history never comes off as a folk troubadour. The song’s just-released video, which features a random cameo from occasional guitarist Johnny Depp, heightens the strange image of McCartney as a folk singer. The black and white footage, however, is beautifully rendered by Los Angeles-based director Vincent Haycock.
// Sound Affects
"On the elusive yet clearly existential sadness that adds layers and textures to music.READ the article
- Treasuring Memories of Paul McCartney on 'One on One' Tour
by Sachyn Mital 20 Sep 2017 // 11:02 AM
- TIFF 2017: 'The Shape of Water'
by Chelsea Phillips-Carr 19 Sep 2017 // 11:30 AM
- 20 Questions: Amadou & Miriam
by Evan Sawdey 19 Sep 2017 // 10:00 AM
- TIFF 2017: 'The Royal Hibiscus Hotel'
by Chelsea Phillips-Carr 18 Sep 2017 // 1:30 PM
- Summerstage Night Belongs to Fred "Sonic" Smith (Patti Smith's Tribute)
by Sachyn Mital 15 Sep 2017 // 9:16 AM
- Zeshan B Honors Family and Soul Music in Insightful 20 Questions
by Sachyn Mital 11 Sep 2017 // 10:24 AM
- The Moving Pixels Podcast Discusses 'Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 4'
by Nick Dinicola 11 Sep 2017 // 10:00 AM
- TIFF 2017: 'Never Steady, Never Still'
by Chelsea Phillips-Carr 10 Sep 2017 // 12:30 PM
- TIFF 2017: 'Ta peau si lisse' (A Skin So Soft)
by Chelsea Phillips-Carr 10 Sep 2017 // 12:00 PM