1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
Hmm… I definitely remember crying during the Simpsons movie. I am most likely to cry during any episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition... and that’s not a joke.
2. The fictional character most like you?
I don’t know how to answer, unless of course we are all not real, but rather characters in a novel that’s being written RIGHT NOW… in which case the answer would be me.
Batten the Hatches
US: 10 Apr 2007
UK: Available as import
3. The greatest album, ever?
The Beatles: Revolver. Or, The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds. Or, Kate Bush: The Dreaming.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Firefly, thank you.
5. Your ideal brain food?
6. You’re proud of this accomplishment, but why?
I’m proud of developing the relationship I currently have with my parents. I was a hellion from 13 to 20, so… I guess I’m proud to have grown up a bit, and my ability to maintain great relationships with them is the most important evidence of that I can recall.
7. You want to be remembered for…?
Probably sitting on your lap or licking you.
8. Of those who’ve come before, the most inspirational are?
Elliott Smith, Kate Bush, Sleater-Kinney, The Beach Boys, The Beatles.
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
Pop music: Pet Sounds. Classical piece: Barber’s “Adagio for Strings”. Book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Comic book: Runaways.
10. Your hidden talents…?
I’m a pretty solid flip cup player, talk about a useless talent. Oh and I was really badass at making dioramas in elementary school.
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
One day at a time.
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
It’s a toss up between a cashmere zip-up hoodie and a vintage Kustom amp with built in tremolo.
13. You feel best in Armani or Levis or…?
If we’re talking jeans, halfway between those two at Citizens of Humanity or Seven for All Mankind.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, please.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
Dinosaurs! Anywhere with dinosaurs. Preferably herbivores. Jurassic, Triassic, whenever.
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
Binge drinking, actually.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or…?
Coffee is most essential, vodka is a close second, I could survive in a world without chocolate but would be somewhat unfulfilled, and cigarettes are foul.
18. Environ of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
New York City with a getaway house in rural Jersey, please.
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
“Stephen Colbert, I love your glasses.”
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
A new record, god help me.
- Multiple songs MySpace
We all know how critical it is to keep independent voices alive and strong on the Internet. Please consider a donation to support our work as independent cultural critics and historians. Your donation will help PopMatters stay viable through these changing and challenging times where costs have risen and advertising has dropped precipitously. We need your help to keep PopMatters strong and growing. Thank you.