Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears
Tell 'Em What Your Name Is!
US: 17 Mar 2009
UK: Available as import
Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears
(Lost Highway Recordings)
US: 27 Jan 2009
UK: Available as import
1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
Remember the Titans.
2. The fictional character most like you?
I can’t really think of one, it would be fun to be a little like Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout—a good mix of tough and funny.
3. The greatest album, ever?
8Ball & MJG: Comin’ Out Hard.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Star Trek, come on now.
5. Your ideal brain food?
Not sure about brain food but my favorite hangover food is crispy tacos, on the road my brain is hungover a lot… so these are important.
6. You’re proud of this accomplishment, but why?
Most recent would have to be finishing the record. I am impatient as hell, I hate being in the studio even though I know you’ve gotta do it. Jim Eno did a great job, I’m happy with how the record turned out. Though man, all the little tweaks and details, not for me. I’d make a full album in one day if I could.
7. You want to be remembered for…?
Writing a Star Trek episode, I need to get on that.
8. Of those who’ve come before, the most inspirational are?
James Brown, hands down.
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
Jimi Hendrix: Band of Gypsies.
10. Your hidden talents…?
Daydreaming and uh, loving the ladies—although I am not sure how hidden that talent is.
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
Mind your own business.
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
I’m not a big thief, stole a candy bar once and the experience scared me shitless. Bought would have to be my guitar, Fender Telecaster Deluxe, it’s been good to me.
13. You feel best in Armani or Levis or…?
Levis, although I can be made to love Armani, my manager has all my sizes.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
My mom, of course.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
To the future to see what happens, with the word as it is today the why should be obvious. It’s going to be crazy.
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
Vacation with a suitcase full of something much stronger than Prozac.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or…?
Chocolate and a fat blunt…just sayin’.
18. Environ of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
We need that bailout dawg, and I mean a real one, hurry up.
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
New songs. This week we’re shooting two videos & we’re always trying to impress Lost Highway because they’ve been really good to us, we’re still wondering how in the hell all this happened. Let’s see what else… we’re always working on ways to try to keep our touring party from turning into an ultimate fighting challenge. Nine guys in one van with no trailer is… well… fucking hard. Come watch the circus when we’re in your town, it will be worth it.
// Moving Pixels
"the static speaks my name creates an uncomfortable intimacy between the player and the protagonist.READ the article