1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
Last Chance Harvey. It’s easy to feel sorry for Dustin Hoffman. Gimme a break, I’m sleep deprived.
2. The fictional character most like you?
Max from Where the Wild Things Are. I love going places in my mind when given the chance… I have very vivid dreams on a consistent basis. I think this might be because I’m a light sleeper, so when i do get there I’m not too far from conscience. Or maybe it’s because I eat a lot of dark chocolate.
3. The greatest album, ever?
Sgt. Peppers. My first experience with this album was my older brother’s copy on vinyl. I drew on it with a piece of chalk. In retrospect I knew for me it was going to be either visual arts or music or a combination of the two.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Star Wars. What more can I say?
5. Your ideal brain food?
Sushi. Raw protein on some sugary starch, mmm. Nozawa in Los Angeles is the best sushi in the western hemisphere.
6. You’re proud of this accomplishment, but why?
Anytime seven to ten people come together and make something collectively, that’s a worthy achievement. This record may be merely the thing we were doing at that time, but I hear all the hours of writing and rehearsing and recording and listening and mxing and mastering. There’s a lot in there for us. But I have to say I like the fact that it all boils down to 45 minutes of music.
7. You want to be remembered for…?
Being selfless. I love people that leave a lasting impression on you—one that you form yourself. When something isn’t forced upon you but comes from within, it always holds more weight for me.
8. Of those who’ve come before, the most inspirational are?
The ones that sacrificed everything. Coltrane, Malcolm X, Harvey Milk, Bob Marley. Dedicating one’s life is something to aspire to.
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
Marcel Duchamp’s toilet bowl. It blew the whole concept of art out of the water, and he basically did it all in his mind. All he had to do was sign. To me, it’s the simple ideas that are most incisive.
10. Your hidden talents…?
I’m strangely pretty darn good at a lot of things. Although they are mostly leisure sports like ping pong, darts, frisbee and boogle. But I’ll also step it up on the tennis court if you’d like.
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
Practice gratitude. ‘Nuf said.
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
A friend’s ‘67 Buick (borrowed). It was basically like driving the Batmobile, but a lot more evil. No one messes with a ‘67 Buick. I would love to own an old car but i feel too bad putting gas into a guzzler.
13. You feel best in Armani or Levis or…?
I feel best in a bathrobe, fresh out of a sauna/hot tub/shower combination. Sipping a mojito. On the beach. Listening to “On the Beach” by Neil Young.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
Jim Jarmusch. He’s someone I admire for his vision and integrity. I’d like to talk to him about the choices he’s made in making movies and how hard were they. He’d probably say they weren’t that hard. Then I’d see if he’d like to shoot a Eulogies video.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
Vienna, 1778, hang out with Mozart. Maybe play him a Scott Joplin song on the harpsichord. I’d like to see what he was all about, although it would probably be pretty creepy.
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
Spa vacation. See above answer re: bathrobe.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or…?
Chocolate! Dark chocolate to be exact. It’s the only truly addictive substance that’s good for you.
18. Environ of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
Urban farm: I like being in the city, but having some green space to hike in or walk the dogs. Los Angeles is that place for us right now, not to mention the music industry is kind of happening down here.
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
You the man! Oh and please fix everything.
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
// Sound Affects
"Sharon Jones and Woodie Guthrie knew: great songs belong to everybody.READ the article