1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster. And when I saw Mulholland Drive for the second time.
2. The fictional character most like you?
3. The greatest album, ever?
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel. Ridiculously beautiful psychadelic monster.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Neither actually. I quite liked Quantum Leap though.
5. Your ideal brain food?
Vietnamese beef noodle soup. Large.
6. You’re proud of this accomplishment, but why?
I’m proud of the fact that I finally finished another album, because for a musician I make very little music.
7. You want to be remembered for…?
My ability to cook to a reasonable standard.
8. Of those who’ve come before, the most inspirational are?
I’ve been inspired by Brian Eno, Plaid, ISAN, things like that.
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
The score for Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. Intense!
10. Your hidden talents…?
I have none or they’re well hidden.
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
“Don’t be a footballer.”
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
My harmonium. It was the most beautiful instrument, hand-made out of wood in Delhi. I have since lost it though. It was last seen on the stage of a small club in west London.
13. You feel best in Armani or Levis or…?
I quite like wearing suits. Anything which fits well.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
Natalie Imbruglia or Aphex Twin.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
Not sure about that whole idea, too paradoxical for my brain.
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
A nice medley of all three apart from the first one.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or…?
Vodka. Before and after a gig.
18. Environ of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
City.. maybe Tokyo. If I could speak Japanese maybe I’d already be living there, I went for the first time recently and it was like being in Bladerunner, but happy. I had the best food of my life there.
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
I’m working on a new collaboration album with King Creosote. We hope to finish it quite soon though nothing is ever that simple.
"PopMatters is on a short summer publishing break. We resume Monday, July 6th.READ the article