Better known as The White Album, it’s the 30th anniversary of the seminal 1968 Beatles record and Capitol Records is celebrating with a limited edition, individually-numbered re-release that captures the look and feel as well as postcards and poster of the original vinyl album. After Revolver, this is one of The Beatles’ best albums, though it was also the first where the group began working less as a group and started recording individually with session musicians.
Hints of future solo work are strikingly apparent in John Lennon’s emotionally bare “Julia,” and Paul McCartney’s rocker “Back In The U.S.S.R.” (think Wings circa Band On The Run). The White Album is simply one of the greatest albums in rock history and more than any other Beatles album, highlights the enormous variety of their songwriting punch.
This long-standing piano trio is not breaking ground, but their sound is charming, skipping, and Gua...
Looks like we have a contender for most prescient album title of the year....
With a bonus disc of unreleased electronic experimentations, the reissue of Fahrenheit Fair Enough i...
When it comes to a new Wayne Hancock record, you know exactly what you’re getting -- and that in i...
This may not be the greatest performance of its time, but it's bristling with improvisatory energy a...
Two of Australia's most gifted musicians team up for a daring concept album...
Not much music got out of South Africa in the late apartheid era, but Hot Chocolate and Keith Sweat ...
// Notes from the Road
"BBC Music hosted a mini-touring showcase of up-and-coming British artists.READ the article
- Dua Lipa Records MTV 'Setlist' Performance for Small, Rapturous Audience (Photos)
by Sachyn Mital 21 Nov 2016 // 9:31 AM
- Chasing My Tail: An Interview with Mild High Club
by SysAdmin 7 Nov 2016 // 10:00 AM
- Call for Essays on Topics in Culture; Present, Past and the Speculative Future
by SysAdmin 28 Oct 2016 // 7:42 AM
- How Röyksopp's 'Melody A.M.' Brought Electronica Into the Mainstream
by SysAdmin 24 Oct 2016 // 8:30 AM
- HEALTH Slays in Bushwick During Neverending DEATH MAGIC Tour
by SysAdmin 18 Oct 2016 // 2:18 PM
- The Good and Bad of ACL 2016 Weekend Two
by Brice Ezell 17 Oct 2016 // 8:46 AM
- Artists and Audience Rally International Support Around Social Causes for Global Citizen Festival
by Sachyn Mital 11 Oct 2016 // 9:10 AM
- Austin City Limits 2016 Weekend 2: Sunday
by Brice Ezell 10 Oct 2016 // 8:45 AM
- Austin City Limits 2016 Weekend 2: Saturday
by Brice Ezell 9 Oct 2016 // 7:31 AM