Better known as The White Album, it’s the 30th anniversary of the seminal 1968 Beatles record and Capitol Records is celebrating with a limited edition, individually-numbered re-release that captures the look and feel as well as postcards and poster of the original vinyl album. After Revolver, this is one of The Beatles’ best albums, though it was also the first where the group began working less as a group and started recording individually with session musicians.
Hints of future solo work are strikingly apparent in John Lennon’s emotionally bare “Julia,” and Paul McCartney’s rocker “Back In The U.S.S.R.” (think Wings circa Band On The Run). The White Album is simply one of the greatest albums in rock history and more than any other Beatles album, highlights the enormous variety of their songwriting punch.
On his most recent release, Stetson produces some of the most intense expressions of his virtuosity....
Abysma is undoubtedly a pleasant listen, but it runs the risk of leaving very little impression at a...
Visuals proves that Mew can carry on safely as a trio. ...
Run With the Hunted is pure thunderous metal-influenced hardcore. It should reward fans of the style...
Bruce Robison and the Back Porch Band also resembles records from the past because it is short, a me...
This odds 'n' ends compendum from the underrated '80s band does exactly what it says on the box, for...
Alec Ounsworth takes his long-running project in a different direction -- a new branch on a creative...
// Sound Affects
"When asked what can help counteract the worldwide growth of xenophobia and racism, Sleaford Mods' singer Jason Williamson states simply, "I think it's empathy, innit?"READ the article
- Life Savers: Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
by SysAdmin 5 Apr 2017 // 9:59 AM
- Call for Music Writers... Hip-hop, Soul, Electronic, Rock, Indie, Americana, Metal, World and More
by SysAdmin 31 Mar 2017 // 1:06 PM
- 20 Questions: Beans
by Evan Sawdey 31 Mar 2017 // 7:50 AM
- Red Baraat Blows Hartford Hall Down Celebrating the Festival of Colors (Photos)
by Sachyn Mital 29 Mar 2017 // 11:15 AM
- Tibet House's 30th Anniversary Benefit Concert Celebrated Philip Glass' 80th
by Sachyn Mital 22 Mar 2017 // 2:13 PM
- Drug of Voice: Jack Savoretti's Latest Work Ruptures With Jovian Emotion
by Imran Khan 13 Mar 2017 // 10:20 AM
- "If I Was a Studio Rat": An Interview With Grandaddy's Jason Lytle
by Landon MacDonald 9 Mar 2017 // 10:00 AM
- Courtney Granger Dives 'Beneath Still Waters'
by Jedd Beaudoin 3 Mar 2017 // 11:00 AM
- Drive-By Truckers Packed NYC's Webster Hall (Photos + Tour Dates)
by Sachyn Mital 28 Feb 2017 // 8:00 AM