Better known as The White Album, it’s the 30th anniversary of the seminal 1968 Beatles record and Capitol Records is celebrating with a limited edition, individually-numbered re-release that captures the look and feel as well as postcards and poster of the original vinyl album. After Revolver, this is one of The Beatles’ best albums, though it was also the first where the group began working less as a group and started recording individually with session musicians.
Hints of future solo work are strikingly apparent in John Lennon’s emotionally bare “Julia,” and Paul McCartney’s rocker “Back In The U.S.S.R.” (think Wings circa Band On The Run). The White Album is simply one of the greatest albums in rock history and more than any other Beatles album, highlights the enormous variety of their songwriting punch.
A cocktail of style, skill and beauty, Elizaveta's second album leaves fans wondering if there is an...
The script changes little for R&B singer/songwriter Lyfe Jennings on sixth album Tree of Lyfe, but i...
Titus Andronicus deliver a massive, sprawling opus dealing with lead vocalist Patrick Stickles’ me...
Thirty years later, Mission of Burma still sounds like the future....
Rising from the ashes of Odd Future, the Internet delivers the former collective’s first post-diss...
Omnivore Records has chosen to focus attention on L.A.‘s sadly unappreciated Continental Drifters ...
A concept album, Future Former Self , is far from perfect storytelling, but does allow Chappo to ex...
// Notes from the Road
- Smashing Pumpkins Rock for Revolution at Irvine Meadows
by Greg M. Schwartz 31 Jul 2015 // 8:00 AM
- Blood and Thunder: Black Sabbath’s ‘Sabotage’ at 40
by Adrien Begrand 31 Jul 2015 // 2:02 AM
- Guster + Kishi Bashi Perform at Central Park Summerstage (Photos)
by Sachyn Mital 30 Jul 2015 // 3:42 PM
- Anderson East Ignites a Fire at Mercury Lounge
by Sachyn Mital 29 Jul 2015 // 1:03 PM
- Veruca Salt Crushes San Diego's Soda Bar
by Greg M. Schwartz 29 Jul 2015 // 10:30 AM
- Country Fried Rock: Jonny "Two Bags" Wickersham of Social Distortion
by Sloane Spencer 29 Jul 2015 // 9:30 AM
- Speak of the Blue Devil: The Moody Grooves of Andy Kayes
by Imran Khan 28 Jul 2015 // 9:00 AM
- Notes, Hoaxes, and Jokes: Silkworm's 'Lifestyle' - "Slave Wages"
by Paul Duffus 27 Jul 2015 // 10:30 AM
- Basement Jaxx Jam in the Craziness at Summerstage
by Sachyn Mital 24 Jul 2015 // 10:00 AM