[3 June 2009]
1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
The last book that made me cry was My Friend Leonard by James Frey. It’s the follow up to Million Little Pieces. I really don’t care how much is fact and how much is fiction, it’s just an emotional read.
2. The fictional character most like you?
Barney Rubble from The Flintstones.
3. The greatest album, ever?
Revolver by The Beatles. You could pick any album really. Anyone who thinks they are not the best band ever is just being contrary.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars?
I prefer Star Wars to Star Trek.
5. Your ideal brain food?
Chicken. I can eat it roasted boiled, fried in a curry whatever.
6. You’re proud of this accomplishment, but why?
Playing for Liverpool (all be it in a charity tournament). My ambition as a child was to play for Liverpool and my ambition as a teenager was to be a successful musician and I have done both (sort of).
7. You want to be remembered for…?
I want to be remembered for being a great musician and songwriter and staying normal(ish!).
8. Of those who’ve come before, the most inspirational are?
Bill Shankly (British football manager), George Harrison and JFK.
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
The brilliant TV series Life on Mars.
10. Your hidden talents…?
My hidden talents are Scrabble and Countdown (a UK word-based game show).
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
“Better to regret the things you have done than the things you have not.”
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
The best thing I ever bought was an engagement ring for my wife in New York. Who knows how my life would hand ended up if I hadn’t done that.
13. You feel best in Armani or Levis or…?
I feel best in Dior or Paul Smith.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
I would like to have dinner at The Ritz with Barack Obama. I want to find the man behind the myth. The way people reacted to his election you’d think he was Jesus but I’m sure he has his faults like all of us.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
I would go back to 1968 London and hang out with the Beatles, the Kinks and the Small Faces.
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
There is nothing like a week-long holiday to relieve stress. Any more and you start to feel lazy.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or…?
Essential thing for life TEA. It is drank boiling hot with milk, not lemon by the way.
18. Environ of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
I prefer the city to the country and my favourite is Barcelona.
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
If I ever met Gordon Brown I would say sort out the economy and stay out of wars.
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
I am currently working on a set list for our tour.