Many of America's Finest Songwriters Pay Tribute to Jackson Browne on New Album
If you were around in the '70s, you probably remember how ubiquitous Jackson Browne was on both AM and FM radio at the time.
Now a star-studded roster of his colleagues have gathered together to produce a two-disc tribute album, Looking into You: A Tribute to Jackson Browne, releasing this April 1st. And it's no joke. Look for tunes covered by the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Lyle Lovett, Lucinda Williams, Don Henley, Joan Osborne, Shawn Colvin and more.
Co-producer Tamara Saviano tells us more about this intriguing project. "In the past I used a house band and would create the arrangements ahead of time. But for this album we relied solely on the artists to create their own vision for the songs and gave them complete control over the instrumentation and arrangement. It was a challenge but it struck me how excited everyone was to honor Jackson in their own way."
1. These Days - Don Henley w/ Blind Pilot
2. Everywhere I Go - Bonnie Raitt and David Lindley
3. Running On Empty - Bob Schneider
4. Fountain Of Sorrow - Indigo Girls
5. Doctor My Eyes - Paul Thorn
6. For Everyman - Jimmy LaFave
7. Barricades Of Heaven - Griffin House
8. Our Lady Of The Well - Lyle Lovett
9. Jamaica Say You Will - Ben Harper
10. Before The Deluge - Eliza Gilkyson
11. For A Dancer - Venice
12. Looking Into You - Kevin Welch
1. Rock Me On The Water - Keb' Mo'
2. The Pretender - Lucinda Williams
3. Rosie - Lyle Lovett
4. Something Fine - Karla Bonoff
5. Too Many Angels - Marc Cohn feat. Joan As Police Woman
6. Your Bright Baby Blues - Sean and Sara Watkins
7. Linda Paloma - Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa
8. Call It A Loan - Shawn Colvin
9. I'm Alive - Bruce Hornsby
10. Late For The Sky - Joan Osborne
11. My Opening Farewell - JD Souther