Since 1999, PopMatters’ talented staff has been publishing smart entertaining articles on a wide range of topics in pop culture, providing a refuge from the usual hype and gossip. We do this, on a shoe-string budget, thanks to our talented, educated, culturally-engaged contributors and the support of our readers.
But costs are rising while advertising revenue continues to decline. We need your help to continue publishing PopMatters as we consistently strive to improve your reading experience.
Please donate through PayPal
Did you know…
- PopMatters, est. October 1999 is one of the oldest websites that’s still active. We share the internet ethos of Timothy Berners-Lee and the DIY punk attitude of Joe Strummer. We’re quite unlike any other culture web-magazine. No wonder you’re drawn to PopMatters!
- PopMatters is well-known for its intellectual brand of cultural criticism. Indeed, universities use our articles in their classrooms and publishers ask to include PopMatters’ articles in their anthologies.
- PopMatters welcomes and encourages a variety of contributors throughout the world who meet our high publishing standards. Through the years, our writers experience real benefits from their association with this magazine.
- PopMatters publishes for posterity. Our frequently-resourced articles are indexed in academic databases via ProQuest.
- We appreciate reader feedback. Our readers continuously help to improve PopMatters’ online readability. Our readers are foremost in our minds as we strive to enhance the reading experience.
- PopMatters is a women/lesbian/disabled-owned company. No rich daddy, if you will, no angel investors. It’s just us.
Help keep this good, rare thing going. Please donate through PayPal, either a single donation or a modest monthly amount is helpful.
If money is tight, believe us, we know how that is. But you can still provide vital support to PopMatters with these cost-free methods:
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and share our articles.
- Turn-off ad-blocking. Search “how to unblock ads on a website” and you’ll find simple instructions for your browser.
Thank you for reading, sharing, and caring about PopMatters and the many people who make it what it is. It’s going to get even better.
— The Editors (Sarah Zupko and Karen Zarker)