The dead returned to life during 2004, with Zack Snyder's mall-set remake and Edgar Wright's pub-set spoof.
|BEST FILM AND TELEVISION OF 2004|
|::||BEST HORROR FILMS 2004||By Marco Lanzagorta|
The dead returned to life during 2004, with Zack Snyder's mall-set remake and Edgar Wright's pub-set spoof. Most of the year's horror films were bleak, gory, and deeply distressing; some attempted to be politically conscious. Below, the year's most intriguing and/or spectacular scary movies (those released in previous years are noted in parentheses).
1. Dawn of the Dead (Zack Snyder)
2. Ju-On (Takashi Shimizu 2003)
3. Shaun of the Dead (Edgar Wright)
4. Van Helsing (Stephen Sommers)
5. Tattoo (Robert Schwentke, 2002)
6. Close Your Eyes (a.k.a. Doctor Sleep (Nick Willing, 2002)
7. High Tension (a.k.a. Haute tension (Alexandre Aja, 2003)
8. Undead (Michael and Peter Spierig, 2003)
9. Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation (Phil Tippett)
10. Hellboy (Guillermo del Toro)