Music videos continue to push boundaries, visual, technical, and political. And new artists continue to emerge alongside the old.
|BEST FILM AND TELEVISION OF 2004|
|::||BEST MUSIC VIDEOS 2004||By Cynthia Fuchs|
Music videos continue to push boundaries, visual, technical, and political. And new artists continue to emerge alongside the old. From promoting video games to easy targeting (Michael, Pee-wee, and Madonna in one video?) to statement-making, music videos are the future.
1. "99 Problems" (Jay-Z and Mark Romanek)
2. "American Idiot" (Green Day, Samuel Bayer, colorist Beau Leon)
3. "Breathe" (Fabolous and Erik White)
4. "Drop It Like It's Hot" (Snoop, Pharrell, and Paul Hunter)
5. "Hey Ya" (OutKast and Bryan Barber)
6. "Jesus Walks" (Kanye West, three videos, directed by Michael Hausmann, Chris Milk, and Coodie and Chike of Channel Zero)
7. "Mosh" (Eminem and GNN's Ian Inaba)
8. "Naughty Girl" (Beyoncé and Jake Nava)
9. "Outrageous" (Britney Spears, Snoop, and Dave Meyers)
10. "Talk About Our Love" (Brandy, Kanye, and Dave Meyers)