1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
2. The fictional character most like you?
Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. Screech, unfortunately.
3. The greatest album, ever?
Abbey Road dude. C’mon.
4. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Trek. No, wars. That’s a tough one. There’s lots of great treks but only two great wars. Feel me?
5. Your ideal brain food?
6. You’re proud of this accomplishment, but why?
I would explain why I’m proud to be 45 years old and still playing the drums in a rock band, but I think it’s self-explanatory.
7. You want to be remembered for…?
Being a sexy motherf**ker.
8. Of those who’ve come before, the most inspirational are?
John Bonham, Groucho Marx, Oates (sans Hall).
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
The Big Lebowski
10. Your hidden talents…?
I can turn back the hands of time, you better believe I can.
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
Put ten percent of everything you earn into a savings account and never look at it. Thanks, Pop.
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
Bought: a 1965 Gibson ES-125. Stole: a 20” crash cymbal from the Smithereens (Sorry and thanks, Dennis).
13. You feel best in Armani or Levis or…?
Black leather boot-cut jeans and a Black Sabbath T-shirt.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
Jack Black? Will Ferrell? Ringo? that would be a good band, actually. Jack on guitar, Ringo on drums, Will on cowbell.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
Cavern Club, Liverpool, 1962. You know why.
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
Playing the drums. Drugs are good, too. And blood sausage.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or…?
Coffee definitely. Alcohol and cigarettes, overrated. Chocolate, sure. Weed. Hey, did I mention blood sausage?
18. Environ of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
New York City, the best city in the world. If they could relocate it to the West Coast from January to March, north of LA and south of Portland that would be very cool.
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
“F**k you, you f**king c**k-washer. sir.”
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
I’m working on staying alive on the road for the next eight months. After that, maybe it’s solo record time.
"PopMatters is on a short summer publishing break. We resume Monday, July 6th.READ the article